Opposition Leader Tony Abbott is this morning scheduled to visit St Andrew’s Christian College, Wantirna South.
St Andrew’s is an Independent School that will benefit from the Labor Government’s Better Schools Plan.
St Andrew’s would see its funding increase of $2500 per student in the 2019 school year compared to the 2013 school year, an increase of 42.6% from 2013.
This investment could go towards more support and improvements like:
- Literacy and numeracy specialists to work one-on-one with students who need extra help
- Learning and support staff such as educational psychologists, speech pathologists or social workers
- Classroom modifications and new assistive technology for students with disability
- Class sets of textbooks to lift the financial burden from parents
- More high quality vocational education and training opportunities for students.
The Labor Government believes there is nothing more important than investing in the education of all Australian children.
Mr Abbott needs to explain to the parents, teachers and students at St Andrew’s why he doesn’t think this vital investment is worthwhile.